General Terms and Conditions
General Booking Conditions
The general terms and conditions of sale shall apply in accordance with the regulatory section of the Book II of the French Tourism Code on the conditions to exercise the activities relating to the organisation and the sale of packages or journeys.
The provisions of articles R 211-3 to 211-11 are reproduced in full below.
Subject to the exceptions specified in Article L. 212-7, paragraphs 3 and 4, any offer for and any sale of travel or holiday packages shall be accompanied by appropriate documents, in compliance with the rules set forth in this section.
In the case of sales of air travel tickets or travel tickets on regular lines that do not include services in connection with such travel, the seller shall provide the buyer with one or more travel tickets for the entire trip, issued by the carrier or under the carrier’s responsibility. In the case of on-demand transport, the name and address of the carrier on behalf of which the tickets are issued shall be stated.
The fact that the various components of a single tourist package are billed separately does not exempt the seller from complying with its obligations under the regulatory provisions of this section.
The exchange of pre-contractual information or the provision of contractual terms and conditions shall be made in writing. This may also be done electronically, in accordance with the validity and procedural requirements specified in Articles 1369-1 to 1369-11 of the French Civil Code (Code Civil). [The documents] shall state the name or company name and the address of the seller, as well as a statement of its registration with the register specified in Article L. 141-3 or, if applicable, the name, address and a statement of the registration of the federation or union specified in Article R. 211-2, paragraph 2.
Before the contract is entered into, the seller shall provide the consumer with information concerning the price, dates and other components of the services provided in connection with the travel or holiday package, such as:
1 The destination, means of transport used and the features and categories thereof;
2 The type of accommodation, its location, comfort standards and principal features, and its accreditation or tourism rating under the laws and regulations or customary practice in the country where such accommodation is located;
3 Meal services offered;
4 A description of the itinerary in the case of a tour;
5 The administrative and health formalities to be carried out by nationals or citizens of another European Union member State or of a State that is a party to the European Economic Area agreement, in particular if borders will be crossed, and the deadlines for completing such formalities;
6 Visits, excursions and other services included in the price or that may be offered for an additional price;
7 The minimum or maximum size of the group required for the travel or holiday package and, if the travel or holiday package requires a minimum number of participants, the latest date for informing the consumer in the event the travel or holiday package is cancelled, which may not be less than 21 days before departure;
8 The amount or the percentage of the price to be paid as a deposit at the time the contract is entered into, and the schedule for paying the balance;
9 The price revision conditions specified in the contract, in accordance with Article R. 211-8;
10 The cancellation conditions specified in the contract;
11 The cancellation conditions specified in Articles R. 211-9, R. 211-10 and R. 211-11;
12 Information concerning the option to take out an insurance policy covering the consequences of cancellation on certain grounds or a travel insurance policy covering certain specific risks, such as repatriation expenses in the event of accident or illness;
13 If the contract includes air travel, the information concerning each flight segment required by Articles R. 211-15 to R. 211-18.
The pre-contractual information provided to the consumer binds the seller, unless in the information document the seller expressly reserves the right to change certain items, in which case, the seller shall clearly state how such changes may be made and on what basis.
In any event, changes made to the pre-contractual information shall be communicated to the consumer before the contract is concluded.
The contract concluded between the seller and the buyer must be in writing, executed in two copies, one of which is provided to the buyer, and signed by both parties. If the contract is concluded electronically, the provisions of Articles 1369-1 to 1369-11 of the Civil Code shall be applied. The contract must include the following clauses:
1 The name and address of the seller, its guarantor and its insurer, as well as the name and address of the organiser;
2 The destination or destinations of the trip and, if the holiday includes several locations, the various periods and dates thereof;
3 The means of transport used and the features and categories thereof, and the departure and return dates and places;
4 The type of accommodation, its location, comfort standards and principal features, and its accreditation or tourism rating under the laws and regulations or customary practice in the country where such accommodation is located;
5 Meal services offered;
6 The itinerary in the case of a tour;
7 Visits, excursions or other services included in the total price of the travel or holiday package;
8 The total price of the services billed, as well as a statement regarding possible revisions to the amount billed, in accordance with the provisions of Article R. 211;
9 If applicable, a statement of taxes or fees applied to certain services, such as landing, disembarkation and embarkation fees charged by ports and airports and tourism taxes, if they are not included in the price of the service(s) provided;
10 The schedule and methods for payment of the price. The final payment made by the buyer may not be less than 30% of the price of the travel or holiday package and must be made at the same time that the documents enabling the buyer to travel or go on the holiday are delivered;
11 Any specific terms and conditions requested by the buyer and accepted by the seller;
12 The procedures the buyer must follow to make a claim against the seller for non-performance or inadequate performance of the contract. Such claims shall be sent as soon as possible to the seller, using any means that permits obtaining acknowledgment of receipt, and, if applicable, shall be reported in writing to the travel organiser and the provider of the relevant services;
13 The deadline for informing the buyer in the event the seller cancels a travel or holiday package that requires a minimum number of participants, in accordance with the provisions of Article R. 211-4, paragraph 7;
14 The cancellation conditions specified in the contract;
15 The cancellation conditions specified in Articles R. 211-9, R. 211-10 and R. 211-11;
16 Information concerning the risks covered and the amount of cover provided by the insurance policy taken out covering the consequences of the seller’s professional civil liability;
17 Information concerning the insurance policy taken out by the buyer covering the consequences of cancellation on certain grounds (policy number and name of the insurer), as well as concerning the travel insurance policy covering certain specific risks, such as repatriation expenses in the event of accident or illness. In all cases, the seller shall provide the buyer with a document specifying, at least, the risks covered and excluded;
18 The deadline for informing the seller in the event the buyer assigns the contract;
19 The undertaking to provide the buyer, at least ten days before the scheduled date of departure, with the following information:
- a) The name, address and telephone number of the seller’s local representative or, failing this, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of local organisations that may be able to assist the consumer in the event of a difficulty or, failing this, an emergency number for contacting the seller;
- b) In the case of travel or holiday packages abroad involving minors, a telephone number and address permitting direct contact with the child or the person on-site in charge of the holiday;
20 The clause providing for termination and reimbursement without penalty of sums paid by the buyer in the event of non-compliance with the information obligation laid down in Article R. 211-4, paragraph 13;
21 The undertaking to provide the buyer with the departure and arrival times, in a timely manner before the start of the trip or holiday package.
Before the contract takes effect, the buyer may assign his contract to an assignee who fulfills the same conditions as the buyer for the travel or holiday package.
Except if a more favorable time limit is stipulated, the assignor shall inform the seller of his decision, using any means that permits obtaining acknowledgment of receipt, no later than seven days before the start of travel. In the case of a cruise, this time limit is extended to 15 days. Such assignment shall in no event require the seller’s prior authorization.
If the contract includes an express price revision clause, within the limits prescribed by Article L. 212-12, the contract shall state the precise methods for calculating price variations, whether an increase or a decrease, in particular, the amount of transport costs and the taxes applicable thereto, the currency or currencies that may have an impact on the price of the travel or holiday package, the portion of the price to which the price variation applies and the exchange rate of the currency or currencies used as a reference in setting the contract price.
If before the buyer’s departure the seller must make a change to one of the material terms of the contract, such as a significant price increase, and if the seller does not comply with the obligation to inform prescribed in Article R 211-4, paragraph 13, the buyer, without prejudice to his right to take action to obtain compensation for any loss sustained, and after informing the seller, using any means that permits obtaining acknowledgment of receipt, may:
– Terminate the contract and obtain immediate reimbursement of all sums paid, without penalty; or
- Agree to the change or replacement travel proposed by the seller. In such case, a contractual amendment specifying the changes made shall be signed by the parties. Any decrease in price shall be deducted from any amounts that the buyer may still owe and, if the payment already made by the buyer exceeds the price of the modified services, the overpayment shall be refunded to the buyer before the date of departure.
In the cases referred to in Article R. 211-14, if before the buyer’s departure the seller cancels the travel or holiday package, it shall inform the buyer thereof, using any means that permits obtaining acknowledgment of receipt. Without prejudice to the buyer’s right to take action to obtain compensation for any loss sustained, the seller shall immediately reimburse the seller all amounts paid, without penalty. In such case, the buyer shall receive compensation at least equal to the penalty that he would have incurred if he had cancelled on that date.
The provisions of this article shall in no event prevent the conclusion of a settlement agreement pursuant to which the buyer accepts a replacement travel or holiday package offered by the seller.
If after the buyer’s departure the seller is unable to provide a significant portion of the services agreed under the contract, which represent an appreciable percentage of the price paid by the buyer, the seller shall immediately take the following measures, without prejudice to the buyer’s right to take action to obtain compensation for any loss sustained:
– Offer replacement services for the services agreed, with the seller bearing any additional costs. If the services accepted by the buyer are inferior in quality, the seller shall, upon the buyer’s return, refund the buyer the difference in price; or
– If the seller is unable to offer any replacement services or if the buyer refuses such replacement services on legitimate grounds, the seller shall provide the buyer, at no additional price, with travel tickets enabling the buyer to return, under conditions deemed equivalent, to the point of departure or to any other place agreed by both parties. The provisions of this article shall apply in the event of non-compliance with the obligation specified in Article R. 211-4, paragraph 13.
General Booking Conditions for Groups
These general booking conditions define the respective rights and obligations of Cévéo and of the group in their contractual relations relating to the sale of group stays. The fact that the company Cévéo does not exercise one or more of the provisions of the terms of the general conditions cannot be deemed a waiver of the contract. All reservations involve the full implementation by the group and their full adherence to the general conditions which prevail over any other document, except with prior written consent of Cévéo.
- Nature of a Group
Cévéo offers special rates for groups from 20 paying participants. A group consists of a stay which starts and ends at the same date for all participants and when the services included in the rate are common to the whole group.
- Detail of our stays
To know precisely the services offered in each resort, please refer to the contract indications.
- Booking and payment
- 1 Standard booking: Cévéo makes a booking offer including the stay’s details and rates. The group can choose to take an option period to accept this booking offer for a time period of up to 15 days. The booking is confirmed on receipt of a duly signed and dated contract, with a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the stay. No later than 30 days before your arrival, a second payment of 60% of the total amount must be sent.
- 2 Booking less than 30 days prior the stay starting date: a single payment of 90% is required.
- 3 After these deadlines, if we have not received these payments, we will consider your booking as cancelled. Personal expenses may be paid on site before departure. After the payments are received, the final invoice will be sent.
- Payment terms
The final deadline to pay the balance is 30 days before the arrival date.
- Late payment penalties
Any delay in payment will result in the application of late penalties amounting to three times the legal interest rate. Furthermore, according to the law of 22 March 2012, a fixed compensation of €40 for collection charges will be applied in case of delay in payment. It is applied on the all taxes included invoice. Penalties are payable even without reminder notice. The penalties are in effet past the 31st day before the arrival date.
The rates are displayed including all taxes included (excluding tourist taxes and administrative costs), including the VAT (subject to change). Our all included rates are subject to adjustments based on changes in taxes. Rates are presented as part of a package based on overnight stays. If you shorten your stay or don’t present yourself, it will not give rise to any refund.
Should a force majeure event prevent you from leaving (collapsed road, weather conditions, etc.), you will be charged for the expenses resulting from this holiday extension. Any stay extension shall be charged at the current applicable rate.
- 1 Tourist tax: Tourist tax, collected on behalf of the local authorities, is not included in our prices. The amount is calculated per person per day and varies according to the destination. This must be paid either in resort or at the time of booking.
- 2 Free of charge: The group’s driver benefits from a free accommodation and catering.
- 3 Administrative cost: Each booking includes a €40 administrative cost to Cévéo. These fees will be eligible for reimbursement only if the cancellation is due to Cévéo.
- Amendment or cancellation
- 1 Modification by the customer: Any partial amendment of the booking must be notified by writing. In case of total or partial cancellation of the group (above 10% of the number), depending on the date of cancellation, the following compensatory damages (plus administrative costs) shall be withheld:
- More than 30 days prior to the holiday start date, 10% of the total amount
- Between 30 days and 21 days prior to the holiday start date, 25% of the total amount
- Between 20 days and 8 days prior to the holiday start date, 50% of the total amount
- Between 7 days and 2 days prior to the holiday start date, 75% of the total amount
– 2 days or less prior to the holiday start date, 100% of the total amount
The partial cancellation of less than 10% of the number won’t cost any fees.
- 2 Modification by Cévéo: If, before departure, one of the essential components of the contract cannot be provided due to an external event, we shall inform you immediately. You will then have the option of either cancel the contract or accept the modification we will offer you. If you choose to cancel, you will immediately be refunded all amounts paid to date. If you choose to accept, you will only be reimbursed for any excess paid). It is specified that the application of this clause shall not give rise to payment of any compensation equal to the penalty that you would have paid if the cancellation had been attributable to you.
- 3 Modification to programmes: In the event of force majeure or in exceptional circumstances, we may be obliged to modify all or part of our services or to close access to shared equipment etc. In these circumstances, we will offer you services to try to replace those which cannot be provided but we cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever for any of those changes.
- Execution of the contract
- 1 Transport: The meeting time which you are given must be respected. Otherwise you will be accountable for the consequences of your late arrival.
- 2 Arrival/departure: Keys will be handed over up to 8 pm on the day of your arrival. The keys must be returned before 10 am on the day of your departure. For weekends, keys will be handed over up to 9 pm. The keys must be returned before 12 pm on Sundays.
The holiday rentals in our tourist residences and in our club villages do not fall within the scope of hoteliers’ responsibilities and that consequently, Cévéo shall not be held liable in the event of loss, theft or damage to personal effects in the residences, apartments, car parks or common areas (ski storage rooms, bike rooms etc.).
- Protection of personal data
According to the Act of 6 January 1978, you have the right to access, correct or oppose the processing of information concerning you. To exercise this right, contact Cévéo, 27 route du Cendre – 63800 Cournon d’Auvergne.
Our on-site teams are on-hand during your stay to handle any grievances, resolve any issues which arise and ensure that you thoroughly enjoy your holiday. Please first see the on-site team if you have any queries. After your holiday, any complaint you may have can be sent to our address by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt within eight days following the end of your holiday.
During their holiday, customers at Cévéo benefit from an insurance policy taken out on their behalf. The insurance does not cover fees relating to the cancellation of your booking or curtailment of your holiday and any repatriation costs. To give you peace of mind when you go on holiday, Cévéo has chosen the insurance company MONDIAL Assistance. A summary of the cover and prices can be sent to you on request. No refund shall be issued for this insurance.
- House rules
To make your life easier during your stay, the house rules are posted at the reception. Please read them and comply with them.
- Financial guarantee
A Financial guarantee has been established as provided by law.
CIC Lyonnaise de Banque – 160, boulevard Gustave Flaubert – 63006 Clermont-Ferrand cedex 1
All signed contracts for a group stay involve the full adherence to the general conditions by the customer.
Siège social Cévéo – Côté Vacances Organisation : 27, route du Cendre, 63800 Cournon d’Auvergne, FRANCE. SARL au capital de 300 000 € – RCS Clermont-Ferrand B412 082 190 – SIRET 412082190 00049 – APE 5 520z – TVA Intracommunautaire fr12 412 082 190 – Immatriculation au registre des opérateurs de voyages et de séjours : IM063100040Responsabilité civile professionnelle: MMA – 26 rue du Commerce – 63800 Cournon d’AuvergneAssureurMMA – 26 rue du Commerce – 63800 Cournon d’Auvergne